With the abundance of germs that are in attendance in Athletic Facilities, simply cleaning and removing that grime isn’t going to cut it. The key lies in using products that are registered to kill bacteria and viruses that cause concern for the members of the facility. Our professional janitorial cleaning team has worked with all types of athletic facilities including weight rooms, locker rooms, training rooms and many more giving them the experience and knowledge to effectively clean in this industry.
Ridding of those "Hot Spots"
Any area that has high traffic and where many people are repeatedly touching the same objects repeatedly (water fountains, training benches, weights, locker-room surfaces) require extra attention to maintain a healthy facility. With bacteria and viruses in abundance in these “hot spots” it is critical to disinfect with products such as the Clorox ® Hydrogen Peroxide Disinfecting Wipe.
Concern for Infections
Maintenance of clean facilities is paramount in limiting and ridding the spread of infectious diseases. With infections such as MRSA (often life threatening), Staph and Tinea pedis (athlete’s foot) being so common in the athletic atmosphere, it has never been so important to be cautious, consistent and proactive. Allied Eagle offers products to cover any concern that will guarantee a safe and infection free facility.
Proper Cleaning Technique is Essential
- Use products that are certified and have kill claims on popular germs
- Focus on those “hot spots” to rid of germs in high traffic areas
- Be aware of dwell times – How long a product must sit before being wiped off to guarantee effectiveness
- Shared equipment that comes into direct skin contact should be cleaned after each use
- (Place disinfecting wipes around the facility for members to use)
- Do not use cleaning chemicals that contain VOCs (Volatile organic compounds) to help maintain safe air quality
Key Athletic Partners