Soon the winter season will blanket the Midwest with snow and ice, so now is the perfect time to review one of the most effective ways to keep facilities clean and safe during the winter months.
An effective 3-Step matting system is your best defense against adverse winter weather, preventing rock salt, dirt and moisture from entering a facility. This will not only help keep your facility cleaner and safer, it will help reduce cleaning and maintenance costs saving you money!
- Scraper Mats are the very first step of the 3-step system. These mats are placed on the outside of your building and act as the first defense against dirt, grime, and moisture.
Mats such as the SuperScrape and SuperScrape Plus feature surface cleats which are designed to scrape and trap tough dirt and grime from shoes.
- Scraper/Wiper Mats are the second line of defense to remove and trap large debris and moisture from shoes.
WaterHog mats are ideal for this step as they have bi-level surface construction that removes and traps dirt below foot level, but also have been designed with a water dam border that holds up to 1.5 gallons of water per square yard. Depending on your entryway design, Waterhog mats are versatile and can be used both indoors and outdoors.
- Carpeted Mats are the third and final step in keeping your facilities cleaner and safer by wiping remaining dust and moisture off shoes.
There are several choices for this type of mat including ColorStar Impressions mats, which can include your logo promoting your business.
- 1ISSA reported that the estimated cost of removing a single pound of dirt from a building can exceed $600.
- 1$1 spent keeping soil out of your building will save up to $10 in removing it once it's inside according to Cleaning & Maintenance Management.
1 reference from https://www.mamatting.com/3-mat-entry-system