Choosing the appropriate sized can liner is very important. There are many different size trash cans depending on the application, it’s best to fit the proper sized can liner with the trash can.
Here are some tips to help you choose the right size can liner.
Different types of liners:
1) Linear Low-Density Bags (LLD)
Used for rough or sharp objects under tough transport conditions. These bags are very strong and are more resistant to tearing, but handle lower load capacities than Hi–D bags.
Suggested LLD applications:
- Sticks, rough yard trimmings, glass.
- Metal w/sharp edges.
- Plastic eating utensils, food with rough edges.
2) Hi-Density Bags (Hi-D)
Used for paper and non-rough objects under moderate transport conditions. These bags are very strong and handle higher load capacities than LLD bags, but tear easier once punctured.
Suggested Hi-D applications:
- Paper–plates, cups, towels, office.
- Grass, rags, smooth heavy objects.
- Cans w/out sharp edges, food without sharp edges.
How to measure the right size liner?
Measuring your can liner size is very easy. Here’s how to calculate the right size can liner for your specific can!
- Determine the type and size of your trash can:
- If a Square Container – take the sum of all four sides added together.
If a Round Container – measure the diameter multiplied by 3.Choosing the appropriate sized can liner is very important. There are many different size trash cans depending on the application, it’s best to fit the proper sized can liner with the trash can.
- Now calculate the size needed:
- For liner width – divide the circumference of your container by 2.
- For liner length – add the height of the container plus 4-5 inches for the right amount of overhang.
Key benefits to using the right size liner:
- COST SAVINGS – by using the right size liner you are not paying for excess material reducing your costs.
- REDUCED WASTE – using liners that are not too big for the trash can means less material headed to the landfill, much better for the environment.
- BETTER EFFICIENCY AND LESS MESS – by using a liner that is not too small for the trash can, you can avoid unwanted spills and messes in the trash can which would need to be cleaned.